Saturday, March 30, 2013

Strawberry gnome

Hi everyone!

Today I want to introduce you to my new little friend: the strawberry gnome! 
I found this cute enchanted creature on a charmed booth, during the most magical fair that takes place in my town: the Hobby Show (…my brain is still recovering from the hypnosis caused by all those sparkling beads)! 

Once I got home, I realized that, as any fairy tale creature, also my new friend needed enchanted surroundings in which he could happily live.
So I started working: I took a glass dish and decorated it with rice paper (using a technique called decoupage). Then, I made little strawberries with polymer-clay and I attached them next to the gnome, together with some flowers and ribbon. Last, but not least, I gave him a small companion: the cheerful hedgehog! They became very good friends...

...and lived happily ever after.






P.s. If you don’t want to miss any crafty project, remember to follow the blog by clicking on the “join this site” button in the right column ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment